Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Fall Projects

Ah, autumn! The time of turning leaves, falling leaves, raking leaves, and burning leaves (I love that smell but, alas, I doubt I can burn them within city limits). But before the leaves put on their show and increase your load of outdoor chores, autumn is an excellent time to tackle projects that you've been avoiding during the hot, humid, nasty days of summer. For instance, I really let the gardens at church slide this summer because I would have fainted of heat stroke had I tried. But come cooler weather, a friend and I managed to get a lot done.

On the home front, I have a few projects in mind for fall. We have a new set of patio furniture that we are in the process of water sealing. This is very easy. All you need is Thompson's Water Sealant, some foam brushes, and two dry days in a row.


I've gotten the quilt frame back out in the sunroom (we put it out of the way for Calvin's 2nd birthday party in May and I haven't worked on it since). I'm nearly done with the second row (with just nine more to go).


Regular readers will remember that I am redoing the backyard gardens in order to grow more of my own produce (see this post, this post, and this post for more information and photos). This week I moved out the big rocks and transplanted twenty perennials.


And this evening while Zach and I started the water sealing on the upper patio (to keep the fumes away from Calvin in the sandbox) our little boy moved from the sandbox to the big hill of dirt to "help rocks."



Eventually "helping" with the rocks turned into building a road, with Calvin as the foreman. Most of the dirt was being relocated onto the foreman's lap.


Normally, work boots are a requirement at a construction site, but when you're the foreman, you have a little more leeway in your footwear choices.


Needless to say, he had a bath after that.

Clara  – (September 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM)  

Your projects look like fun :)
And you have a very cute lil boy! :)

Zachary Bartels  – (September 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM)  

"Good night, turtle. Good night, dirt."

Post a Comment