An Eventful Weekend
Where to start . . .
I was going to do a series of blog posts on my Friday visit to Greenfield Village, but Saturday I was watching my son most of the day and didn't feel like blogging. The sun was shining and we wanted to get outside. Then Sunday we had a most eventful day. In a bad way.
It started when my son threw up all over himself and the pew we were sitting in at church. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa were there and I rushed off to get towels while Grandma took Calvin to get him cleaned up. His clothes were soaked. Miraculously, Grandma's clothes were unscathed despite the fact that Calvin had been on her lap when it happened.
I had no change of clothes for him, so I was just going to call it a morning and take him and Grandma back to the house to get him changed. We were about to pull out of the parking lot when Grandpa and a friend of mine ran up to the car and said that Zach had just collapsed at the pulpit while he was preaching. We rushed back in and were followed by firemen from the station across the street. We moved Zach (well, he moved himself with help as he was again conscious) away from the congregation's eyes and the medics gave him oxygen and questioned him. From what we can figure out, he was simply ill and should have been home in bed.
So, once everyone was fairly stable and another friend had returned from my house with new clothes for poor Calvin (who was sitting in his pull-up this entire time) I drove off with Zach and Calvin while Grandma and Grandpa followed. We had gotten about a third of the way home when Calvin projectile vomited and we had to pull over and clean him and the car up. We managed to get home without further incident, but Calvin remained sick, throwing up about every 20-30 minutes for the next five hours. His stomach finally settled down enough to have some Pedialyte and go to bed.
Zach also seemed to improve during the day, though even today he still feels foggy. Today the boy was back to normal and I guess whatever he had, he's over it. If Dad is suffering from the same thing, I think I can officially say that we have entered that phase of life where we just don't bounce back like we used to when we were kids.
I don't know how I would have held up on Sunday if it was just me and both my boys were in such dire straits. I'm so very thankful that Zach's parents happened to be visiting that day (though, it was a less than stellar visit, as you can imagine). They cleaned up puke, emptied buckets, gathered dirty towels, offered good medical advice (Zach's mother is an RN), and kept a cheerful attitude durng the whole ordeal.
So, later this week I'll post about Greenfield Village and how the kitchen garden project is coming (hint: it's going to be awesome!) and someday I'll get around to some sewing posts again. It's just gotten to that busy outdoor time of year and sewing is sort of on the back burner. Oh, plus Calvin's 3rd birthday party is Saturday and the next day I'm starting a pretty intense diet. So lots going on and lots to share in the next couple weeks.
Sorry no photos for this post. But trust me. You wouldn't have wanted to see what I saw.
Oh my. Hopefully everyone is OK and feeling better soon!
Yep, thanks for the "no photos." Glad Terry & Shelly were there to help you out. Mom
It was truly one of those days in life that will not be forgot, and hopefully never repeated.
OH....my heart hurst for you on this. I'm so glad your husband is ok. How scary! And sweet Calvin, too. The kids and I have all been sick and they seem to be recovering...but I am just NOT bouncing back like I used to. Sigh. Hope your men all continue to improve and that you stay well!