Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Those "Someday" Clothes

Here's my lunch today.


Yep, I'm trying to lose weight again.

Last weekend my husband and I bought a wardrobe from Ikea (it was a steal) so he could empty out the closet in our son's room. After we put it together last night, Zach tried on every shirt he owns (which, because he doesn't typically get rid of anything of his own free will, was a lot) and parted with about 3 trash bags full. Some were too big. Some were too small (one comically so). And frankly some were just too early '90s, despite the fact that they were well-loved. I was very proud of him.

And now it's my turn. I've been keeping a lot of clothing that hasn't fit me in about four years. You know, because I'm going to lose weight. Someday. But I figure at this point one of the surest ways to be successful losing the weight is to get rid of most of those "someday" clothes. And I'm going to get rid of things that fit me that I never wear because I don't really like them. There is just no point in taking up closet space with stuff that doesn't fit or stuff you don't like. Especially since I could replace almost all of it with homemade items that are unique and fun to create. I will keep a few things in classic styles that I know I looked great in before I gained weight. But most things will go on to other people who hopefully need them more than I do.

Zach and I are ready to get serious again about our weight and our health. So we'll be grilling and biking and working our way back to the healthy territory we occupied when we first moved in to our house in the middle of the Mitten. And praying for success!

Wanting What I Have  – (May 16, 2011 at 4:13 PM)  

You go girl!!! That is awesome news and takes such determination and perseverance! We have recently done a total house overhaul.. It seems the more I get rid of, the more I want to get rid of! Weird...and unexpected.

Wanting What I Have  – (May 16, 2011 at 4:15 PM)  

PS did you make your lunch? The soup, more specifically?

Erin  – (May 16, 2011 at 5:55 PM)  

We use Sun Bird Hot and Sour Soup Mix, add the egg at the boiling point, remove from heat and add sliced shittake mushrooms (when we can find them). The sushi is from Meijer (local grocery store chain). Salad is bagged. Haven't planted any of my own greens yet and it's starting to get a little too late to do it!

Post a Comment