Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My (sort of) New Office Space


I have moved my home office for the remainder of the summer and fall to the sun room. Now that the very hot weather has passed, I will be found typing away in the room that has for the past year and a half been taken over by my very large quilting frame.

As of this past Friday night, that frame is GONE. I finished my last three blocks by midnight that evening while watching three short documentaries from Netflix streaming: National Geographic: Appalachian Trail, The Natural History of the Chicken, and John James Audubon.

I triumphantly unrolled the finished quilt off the lower roller and started taking out the tacks that held it to the frame when I discovered, to my great consternation, that back in February 2010 I had had to skip about a two inch wide strip the entire length of the quilt because of the way it had to be tacked. I was not done after all! And it was midnight.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Undaunted, I carried on. Two hours and one full-length documentary (Out of Ireland: Emigration into America) later I was really, actually, completely, wholly finished. For real. I fell asleep that night sometime between 2:30 and 3:00am, but I was done. And that is all that mattered.

Last night I made the bias binding and sewed it on the front with my machine and sat in the basement to another movie (Reindeer Games, Zach's partially-ironic choice) and bound the back by hand. A couple more movies and I will be done.

So now I sit in my clean and rearranged and much more roomy sun room doing catalog edits, listening to cicadas and blue jays, feeling the breeze through the open windows, and listening to classical guitar on Pandora radio.

And all seems right with my small world.

happinessrising  – (September 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM)  

lovely! what a blessing. i would love a sun room, and it would be amazing to have this work space :) and congrats on the quilt!! just in time for fall. :)

Erin  – (September 8, 2011 at 1:28 PM)  

Oh, yes, I love this room. Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment