Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What a Day

Yesterday we attended Day Out with Thomas at Crossroads Village in Flint, Michigan.


We rode a train pulled by Thomas the Tank Engine, Calvin rode his very first ferris wheel, we finally found a CD with Down at the Docks on it (for Daddy), we went to a magic show, and had an all-around good time in the best weather we've had all summer: high 70s, lovely breeze, and blue sky with fluffy white clouds. Ahhhh...






This has been such a busy summer, it's hard to believe August is almost over. We've spent way to much time in the car (which is starting to whine in protest—eek!) and we've had little time to relax at home. Next year we will be saying no to a number of things and trying to enjoy our home, yard, and neighborhood more. But it has been a really fun summer as well, swimming in lakes, bouncing in bounce houses, seeing family, enjoying special events, going on rides, and making memories. Still, I'm ready for autumn, a slower pace, and no weddings, birthdays, fairs, or road trips. I'm ready for raking leaves, wearing jeans, and having fires.

I'm ready for those infernal mosquitoes to die already!

I'm ready for the slow, sweet goodbye to summer.

Wanting What I Have  – (August 22, 2011 at 11:16 AM)  

Looks like y'all had a wonderful day! I am with you on that slow goodbye to summer. And yes, DIE Mosquitos!!!! We have about a bajillion here!

Liz  – (August 23, 2011 at 8:30 AM)  

Oh my goodness - that is one happy little boy!

Post a Comment