Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Andrew Wyeth Shirt


I love this shirt, folks. This is my art-inspired sewing project, which, given that it is a plain gray shirt, may seem strange. Doesn't seem terribly...artsy. But I had this fabric in my stash and I happen to like artist Andrew Wyeth's somber paintings. And seriously, I made it in February and February is gray. Like this...



For more about Wyeth, some samples of his artwork, and my very own re-creation of one of his best-known portraits, click here!

In the meantime, I mean it. I love this shirt. And I can totally see myself painting whilst wearing it. So there. It's my art shirt.

RhondaBuss  – (March 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM)  

Your shirt is perfect.
By the way,a couple of years ago I went to Monhegan Island, Maine. It's a very small island an hour off the coast of Maine. There I found a home that belongs to Jamie Wyeth, grnadson of Andrew. From what I was told, Andrew bought the house and it was passed on to Jamie. I sat on the rocks near the house every morning where I wrote and sketched. Such a magical place. I'm adding a link to a blog that shows a picture of the house.Since you love to paint and write, I highly recommend that you and your husband take a trip to Monhegan one day. Be careful though, the island stole a piece of my heart. http://arts.envirolink.org/visual_arts/Stephen_Trimble/house_monhegan.html

Wanting What I Have  – (March 10, 2012 at 3:25 PM)  

That is a GREAT shirt!!! Like, I REALLY like it!!! Wonderful job!

Post a Comment