Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Bedroom Update

Long ago (August 2011) I finished my Robbing Peter to Pay Paul quilt, which I had started even longer ago (February 2010). Then I painted the green bedroom walls white. Then I got roller blinds and new sheer curtains for the window. Then I found an awesome new mid-century dresser and matching nightstands. Then we moved some pictures upstairs from the basement. Then we somehow managed to find time to hang them on the walls. And now I've finally taken photos.

So here's the bedroom before:


And here's the after:





A vast improvement, if you ask me. It feels so refreshing to be in this room. I love waking up here.

You may have noticed that there are three guitars in this room. Somehow we have seven guitars in a family that, until very recently, had only one guitar player. It reminds me of a point at which my family, when I was growing up, had five cars for three drivers. Only in America.

My guitar is the one in the last photo. We've started keeping a few handy in the bedroom because our son has gotten used to not only being sung to at night, but being serenaded on guitar. And he often requests particular songs on the electric guitar and others on acoustic. This nightly ritual is good because it makes me practice regularly.

Wanting What I Have  – (March 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM)  

Love, lOve, LOVE that quilt! And fresh white walls! It's wonderful having a space you enjoy so much! Yay for y'all!

Sarah –   – (March 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM)  

Love that chest and sidetables. Am looking for almsot exactly the same thing for my bedroom right now...just need some estate sale luck!

Post a Comment