A Green(ish) Cowl Neck Tank
>> Monday, March 12, 2012 –
sewing,
The Sew Weekly
I made this top for the Going Green challenge for The Sew Weekly (here) from some fabric I inherited from my very stylish Grandma Foote. I don't know what she paid for it, when she bought it, or what she planned to do with it, but I'm happy to have given it a life beyond being merely a folded piece of very beautiful wool blend voile. (Aside: Have I mentioned how much I am falling in love with solid colors in my sewing? They just can't be beat, despite the lovely and tempting patterns out there.)
The pattern is modified (quite a bit, I realize now) from this pattern from Rhonda's Creative Life. Rhonda has shared scads of free patterns on her blog, most simply made from rectangles, triangles, and circles. She's very creative and I encourage you to spend some time on her blog.
As this St. Patrick's Day is likely to be unbelievably warm, I just may wear this new shirt that day and see if I can't get a bit of sun on my white arms.
Funny! I just made myself a green print cowl tanktop with some fabric I bought in Williamston a couple of weeks ago. Great minds....
Where is your "orange" for St. Patty's day. Didn't I teach you any of my crazy traditions! Mom