The end of another January . . .
One month of the new year is already gone. Amazing to me how much faster time goes with a little one in the mix. I hardly had time to get depressed.
We've had a nice amount of snow so far this winter in the middle of the Mitten (look at a map of Michigan if that phrase has you stumped). Not too much, not too little. I tend to be more bummed if there is too little snow than too much. Too little means gross dead grass and mud all over the place. For someone who works from home most of the week, too much almost doesn't exist. I don't mind shoveling the walk and the driveway (especially when these guys help out).
And I'm usually pretty cozy inside and love a nice white backyard to look at out my window. If it's gently snowing, so much the better. I can put on some nice music and thoroughly enjoy the snow. We've even had about five or six days this month when the sun was shining, which is pretty phenomenal.
To tell you the truth, while I'm looking forward to spring when Calvin and I can resume our walks to storytime and the park and he can start helping me plant our kitchen garden, I'm not unhappy that there at 2+ cold months ahead. While I'm starting to think about what to sew for my Easter dress, I know that Lent must come first. While I'm wondering how the daffodils I planted this fall will look in the spring, the garden is far less work in the wintertime (well, it's no work at all).
All that to say that I'm mentally stable about the fact that tomorrow February begins. And that's partially because I just crocheted my first hat. Who wants to have a warm alpaca beret on her head when it's above freezing?
Here's the preview.
Tomorrow the reveal.



