Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Big Plans for Summer Sewing

I was inspired Tuesday evening to pair some patterns with some stash and I've come up with a pile that will keep me busy until fall. Here's what I've got coming up for the next few months:

Pattern borrowed from Val. Possible contender for my cousin's wedding. May shorten it.

Also borrowed from Val and a possibility for the wedding.

This ensemble I'm VERY excited about. Skirt in cream, top in mulberry, long coat in the print.

I'll use the same cream skirt here and use the rest of that cream fabric (vintage polyester found at the Salvation Army for $3) for this jacket, lining it with the plaid and making a plaid tank. We'll see if I have enough fabric for all that.

Love the drape of this (free) fabric. Would make the 3/4 sleeve view.

This will have to be fully lined because the fabric is filmy and see-through. The short-sleeved view.

More free fabric. I think this will be the view in the upper right corner.

More free fabric! View C, the sleeveless one without the tie.

And still more free fabric. I'll be making the straight skirt out of this and it is already cut out. Shouldn't take too long. This will go with the red, white, and blue checked shirt I just made, as well as the New Look 6808 shirt above, and possibly the plaid tank from Simplicity 8696 (also above).

So, I've got my work cut out for me this summer. But I think I've got some winners here.

Anonymous –   – (July 6, 2011 at 8:41 AM)  

Can't wait to see them all come to life, especially the mulberry ensemble!

Couture Allure Vintage Fashion  – (July 6, 2011 at 8:28 PM)  

I really like the brown floral and can't wait to see the finished product. Short or long sleeves?

Erin  – (July 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM)  

Short sleeves on that one. I'll possibly be wearing it to an August weddng, so long sleeves would be nuts.

Post a Comment