How God Speaks to Me at Camp
One of my favorite things to do at camp is take photos of the natural world. I've always felt that it's that part of camp that brings me closer to the heart of God more than anything else. I love the people and the music and the campfire and the boating, but it is the foggy morning, the cloud bank, the smell of mint crushed underfoot along the shore that helps me refocus on the One who created me. God speaks to me through the sound of a loon in the morning before the campers are out of bed and the roar of the thunderstorm at night as I rush to bring the towels and swimsuits off the line. He speaks to me through the intricacies of spiders and shells and through the crystal waters of the lake. I see Him in the night sky choked with stars and in the intensity of the midday sun. He created everything immense and everything minuscule...and me, somewhere in between.








I'm not surprised you are inspired there - it is a gorgeous place. And the photos of Calvin in the previous post are ADORABLE!