Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Calvin at Camp (Beware: Requires CPF 50--That's "Cute Protection Factor")

So I've been gone for a week at one of my favorite places on earth, Camp Lake Louise in the Boyne Falls, Michigan, area. On the way up our Grand Prix had a birthday:


Happy 200,000th mile, Lawrence!

The week was HOT and muggy and so we basically walked around with a patina of varying levels of sweat and lake water for the whole week, though the lake is the second cleanest in the state, I believe. So there's that.

I've considered how best to break my photos up into blog posts and I think it makes the most sense to let you in on things topically. So, this is my Calvin post. Here's what Calvin spent his week doing.

Catching bugs in his bug box...


Here's the inventory of what we caught: three carpenter ants, a tiny grasshopper, a toad the size of a fly (they're everywhere up there), a caterpillar which we named Ralph, and some sort of unidentified flying bug.

Hanging out on the porch...


Swimming with his camp girlfriend Emma...

Playing at "the park" with Emma...


Riding "Casey Junior" (which is the train from Dumbo and also anything Calvin sits on—logs, beds, benches, swings, you name it)...


Finding feathers and collecting rocks with Mommy...


Climbing onto and riding golf carts whenever possible, this time with Lake Louise legend and craft shop guru Wilma...


Catching a giant toad that Daddy found...


Rockin' out to the praise band, especially when Daddy stepped in with some old school bad white clergy rap for Jesus Freak...


And just generally being super cool all the time...

Wanting What I Have  – (July 23, 2011 at 11:13 PM)  

What a great trip! Happy b'day to your car! And how CUTE is Calvin??? I love the picture of the two of you where you're holding the frog - that is one I bet he will treasure all his life! So precious.

Post a Comment