![]() |
| Thank you to my friend Valerie who took this picture on her porch. |
I threw this patriotic shirt together in about a day. The fabric is a light cotton seersucker end-of-the-bolt deal from Jo-Ann's and the pattern is from the 1970s (which I thought would mean it wouldn't look '70s, but it really does).
![]() |
| This image is from the Vintage Pattern Wiki. |
I had to work hard to squeeze the pattern pieces onto the amount of fabric I had, but it worked. It's a comfortable and breezy shirt and I hope to make a navy skirt to pair it with at some point. But for now I am using this day off to work more on the quilt (down to the last 3 rows) and listen to Henry David Thoreau's
Walden using my Kindle's text-to-speech feature. Spoiler alert: Thoreau is a pompous, condescending know-it-all who happens to have a few good quotes on living simply. I'll post a more lengthy review on my literary blog once I finish the book.
P.S. A lady just walked by my house pushing a fluffy white dog in a stroller. That is all.
I love it! You make me want to learn how to do buttonholes.
A dog in a stroller? Seriously? That is awesome.
Dog in stroller?! Love it! We went to an "estate sale" directly across the street from you a couple weeks ago. Love your area. I bet you have an eclectic group of neighbors. :)
Really nice job of matching the plaid, especially since you didn't have a lot of fabric!
Looks great! We have neighbors who "walk" their dogs that way. I just don't get it...