Beautiful or Repulsive?
>> Friday, September 23, 2011 –
beauty,
insects and bugs,
Lake Louise
I have a feeling most of you would say this is repulsive. But somewhere in it, I see a bit of beauty.
Mind you, I wouldn't want to eat this pear that I found on the round at Lake Louise Saturday morning. But I did go back to get my camera to capture this image. What would compel me to do that? It has to be that there is something here that's beautiful. Or at the very least, interesting.
Here's another, albeit much bigger, bug I spied by in the dune grasses by the water. Perhaps he's more to your liking?
Insects are very interesting to me in that they can seem kind of alien and gross, but they are at the same time amazing little machines that are beautiful in their minuscule intricacy.
And, of course, we all find beauty in the shiny silken threads of an orb weaver spider's web.
Can you enjoy the beauty of God's small miracles? Or do they just plain gross you out?


