Floral Tank with 1920s Flair
>> Sunday, September 4, 2011 –
sewing
I finished this tank top, which had been cut out for more than a week, during Labor Day weekend. This is another item made with fabric that was free from a friend's de-stashing sister-in-law. I've had the pattern awhile and made a 3/4-sleeved, collar-free version of it in April 2010. This version I made loose enough to go over my head and omitted the zipper that is supposed to go down the side. I think the collar gives this tank a bit of a 1920s look.
I'm pretty sure the flowers are navy, but they may be dark enough that I could wear this with black and get away with it. Perhaps. For now I've paired it with with a navy straight skirt I made last month but never posted about. Again, the fabric was free. I'm on a bit a role.
Here's the pattern for the top.
And here's the pattern for the bottom.



