Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Buried in Fabric

Remember my vow not to buy any new fabric in 2012? Well, the year is 1/4 over (how can that be?) and, I'm proud to say, I have stuck to that vow. I did allow, when I made the vow, that I would accept free fabric. And I'm really glad I did. Because the mother lode of free fabric arrived at my doorstep with my mother last Thursday.

Remember this batch of super cheap fabric I got from the daughter of an elderly lady entering a nursing home (pics near the end of the post)? Well, she had to get the rest of the fabric out of the house. So I am now the proud owner of about 500 lbs of wool, suiting, polyester blends, silk rayon, and scads more unidentifiable (to me) fabrics. All free. Seriously, it has to be hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of fabric. Forty-seven pieces, all 2 yards or more, most 3 or 4 yards.


Forty-seven.

I passed a bunch more (beyond what is pictured here) on to a friend (luckily our coloring is different enough that it was easy to pick out what would look good on each of us and there wasn't much crossover), but I am still left with six big boxes stuffed full and more that didn't fit in the boxes. It boggles the mind. I will now have to vow not to buy fabric for the next five years!

But I'm not complaining. Oh, no. I am very, very happy about my predicament.

K.Line  – (April 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM)  

Wow - that's quite a problem to have :-)

RhondaBuss  – (April 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM)  

You will never need to buy fabric. What a wonderful gift.

Val  – (April 4, 2012 at 9:27 AM)  

Said friend smiled when she saw all of the blues and grays you have. Indeed - they are not my colors!

Anonymous –   – (April 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM)  

How fun...you are soooo blest!!!

Anonymous –   – (April 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM)  

You forgot to mention the four boxes of fabric I ended up with, along with the truckload that went with our church ladies for quilts and the remainder to our partner thrift shop to help the needy. It was certainly amazing; you'd have to see it to believe it. We really should have taken a picture of that room and the extra cabinets that housed these gems. Mom

Post a Comment