Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sew Weekly Slacker

Okay, so it's really apparent to me that I just don't want to sew on a deadline. I've skipped a couple Sew Weekly challenges, mostly because I didn't have a lot of time to spend finding a good place to shoot or I just didn't care to do that particular challenge. Now I'm a zipper, a couple buttonholes, and a hem away from finishing this week's challenge, but am I going to have time to finish, do a photo shoot, and post by Monday? Unlikely.

Priorities, priorities. Last week it was getting ready for Easter, going to extra church services, and having a lot of deadlines for work. This week it's a Saturday that was spent at a writing conference (which was a lot of fun), a garden that needs some attention, and more queries to send out to literary agents. Plus I've been helping my husband craft queries of his own for his recently finished novel. We've been researching agencies, considering the merits of this word over that one, typing, deleting, cutting, pasting.

And during all of these activities, I haven't once thought about the Sew Weekly challenge. I've been wholly and happily involved in what I was doing. And I like that sort of focus. I have a lot more going on than just sewing in my life, and I like it that way.

So who cares if I never again make it back on SW as a contributor? I'm just a little busy with the rest of life. And that's just fine.

I'm not even taking the time to take some photos or even get existing photos off my camera for this post. Because now I think I'll take a minute and put in that zipper.

Anonymous –   – (April 15, 2012 at 4:22 PM)  

Glad you're taking some "stress" away, a little bit at a time.

Anonymous –   – (April 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM)  

You are amazing and you certainly do have your priorities right! Above all, you have joy.

Sewing to a deadline would rob you of your love for sewing. AND if you lose YOUR love for sewing, the rest of us who follow your blog would lose big time!!!

Post a Comment