Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pretty Polka Dots

I finally finished and got photos of my "childhood inspiration" sewing project for The Sew Weekly. Here are the inspiration photos:


Polka dots and the navy/white combination are basically the only elements from most of my childhood wardrobe I would care to repeat. Not the splatter paint sweatshirt. Not the unicorn sweatshirt. Not the tragic hot pink plaid pleated shorts with tucked-in pink mock turtleneck tank (and if you think I'm sharing that picture, you've got another thing coming).

But navy and white polka dots? I can do that. So I did.


It's a 1940s pattern, but it looks like it would be right at home on a secretary in the late 1970s and early 1980s, doesn't it? And it perfectly matches a great vintage 1970s wool plaid coat I found this winter at a vintage shop in Easttown in Grand Rapids, Michigan, called Found.


And it's a good thing because the fabric is pretty thin and the day these photos were taken was pretty cold and windy.


But we had fun at the playground flying kites and playing on the jungle gym despite the chill.

Anonymous –   – (April 24, 2012 at 8:57 PM)  

One of my favorite's you have done to date. Great job. Mom

Post a Comment