Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Space and Light

You know what this is, people?


This is the south wall of the living room, which, for the last five years was home to a gargantuan piano that I had every intention of playing. Yes, it was in front of the window. Yes it covered about 3/4 of the window. No, there was nowhere else it could go.

The piano is now in a new home and I now have light and space in return.

We will be getting new living room furniture soon to replace the couch I got before we were married (and it was used then). Hopefully a couch and a love seat, which will go on the south wall in front of the window.

More space for guests. More space for us to sit and play. More light for this dark room in all seasons, but especially in winter. Now my husband can stop worrying that he'll come home some cloudy winter day to me painting the room a lighter color.

I can't quite articulate just how happy I am to have the piano out of the house. It's like if you had an extra toe. It was interesting. It was a conversation starter. It was something you occasionally fiddled with. But really it was crowding your foot inside your shoe. It was something you felt you had to apologize for. It was something that, while not life threatening, just needed to be removed.

Maybe. Or maybe that comparison is just crazy talk.

Zachary Bartels  – (May 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM)  

If I had an extra toe, the LAST thing I'd do is apologize for it.

Wanting What I Have  – (May 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM)  

I am so happy for you! I have several pieces I've hung onto for sentimental reasons and they clutter up Our home...especially sInce moving because we downsized...I'm proud of you! Way to reclaim that space!!!

Post a Comment