The Grandparents
>> Monday, May 21, 2012 –
family
Schedules being what they are, Calvin is having three separate celebrations for his fourth birthday, the first of which happened on Sunday with his grandparents and great-grandma.
Daddy got presents too, because his birthday was a couple weeks ago.
It was really nice having everyone there. We had a simple meal of hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, a bunch of chips, salsa, and other assorted munchies, and a giant Asian cabbage salad.
I think it's pretty funny that both of Calvin's grandmas wore essentially the same thing. In the picture above they are calling Zach's dad who was out to buy batteries for a couple toys (one Zach's, one Calvin's). And in the picture below they are watching him walk up the drive and waiting to see if he'll answer his phone. He didn't. Classic.
I'm so happy to have these photos, first of all because my mother-in-law does not care to have her picture taken and so doesn't usually smile in them (caught her!). And second because I realize these may be the first pictures I have of these two women together as our family lives in two different cities and we don't all get together much at the same time.
Though, once more, the only record that I was at this event is the fact that there are pictures and someone had to be behind the camera taking them!




You may not be in the pictures, but you'll have all the wonderful memories of having everyone together.