Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Sweet and Creepy Nursery

In a shrub in the front garden is the sweetest little bunch of baby spiders you'll ever see. This is how they hang out most of the time.


And this is what they do if you blow ever so gently on them.


The boy has been observing them and taking pictures (not these) and talking about how sweet they are. I'm so proud that he sees the beauty in them and that we can pass on our love and care for all God's creatures (except mosquitoes). As a kid little angered me more than when a classmate killed a spider or insect for no reason at all. I hope as he gets older that Calvin will take upon himself the venerated mantle of "bug defender" on the playground.

Anna H  – (May 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM)  

Hooray, another kindred spirit who doesn't like to kill bugs! I worked in the operating room, and whenever a little buggy guy found his way in, I would whisk him outside before anyone else had a chance to smash him. Just seems so senseless to me, after all, they are just "being bugs"...Anna

Wanting What I Have  – (May 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM)  

Mosquitos and roaches. Please tell me you kill roaches!?

And that is AMAZING. I've never seen anything like it. Very cool.

Liz  – (May 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM)  

Wonderful pictures. Reminds me of reading Charlotte's Web as a kid...

Post a Comment