Fall Mantel
>> Monday, October 11, 2010 –
decorating,
home,
nature
The mantel desperately needed updating. I often see great looking mantels in magazines and on blogs, but I have trouble recreating the looks I like with the things I have on hand. However, I do have a lot of vases and a lot of pinecones, so . . .
Early last week I had thought we might be enjoying our first fires of the season, but then it warmed up to the high 70s and possibly even 80 degrees. A genuine Indian Summer. Hopefully it will cool back down quickly so we can enjoy the fireplace and so I'll be in the mood to make applesauce and apple pie filling to can. Who wants to go to the orchard for cider and donuts in shorts and a t-shirt? Who wants to buy pumpkins in flip flops? Not me.


I can't believe I'm saying this, but it just wasn't the same doing the corn maze in 80 degree weather.