I took a quick tour around the house the other day and discovered there are still a few bits of summer color left here and there. Even in the last week of October, there's more than just maple and oak leaves vying for attention. Though they seem out of place in a sea of red, orange, and yellow leaves, much of the late season color is on the pink side.
 |
| One last beautiful pink rose. |
 |
| Coralberries - I have two small bushes that were a gift from my friend Valerie. |
 |
| The lovely hues of huechera (aka, coral bells). |
 |
| The black, partially opened seed pods of baptisia (aka, false indigo) make me think of some primeval jaws opening. This is not pink, but it is interesting, so I thought I'd share it. |
 |
A line of Japanese anemone flowers.
|
 |
| Soft light filters through a cosmo. (Is that the proper singular of cosmos?) |
 |
| I grabbed up what I could (cosmos, nasturtium, and some Japanese maple leaves) and made myself a tiny bouquet for my desk. |
Since this weekend will be filled with pumpkin carving, leaf raking, and little ghouls and goblins ringing the doorbell, I thought this little touch of pink might give you one last little taste of summer before the onslaught of the "Holiday Season."