Weather - A Michigan Pastime
I'll come right out and say it: weather is not solely a Michigan phenomenon. However, complaining about the weather is an official Michigan sport (there are no winners). I think I've mentioned this before. No one is ever happy with the weather here.
When I was visiting my mother this past weekend we brought my son out to an orchard for cider and doughtnuts and picked out pumpkins. It rained steadily the entire time. Mom was disappointed, but I suggested we look at it as an adventure. I mean, people who live in Washington and England don't let rainy weather keep them inside, so why should we? In the end, with our attitudes thus adjusted, we had a great time. And I know one little boy who didn't mind the rain a bit—after all, rain is the only good way to make puddles to jump in.
I love weather. I love wind, rain, snow, storms, sun. I love interesting cloud formations. I love to watch storms. I like living in a state that has interesting and sometimes unpredictable weather that does not include hurricanes.
Sunday it was 70 degrees and sunny—very strange for late October. Monday it rained (not so strange) but it was still in the upper 60s. Today we had a storm that would have been more at home in July than October. Gale-force winds, tornado warnings and sirens, schools closed, power outages, and a big dose of heavy rain. By the end of the week the highs are supposed to be in the 40s. What a state!
Growing up a favorite movie of mine was Winnie-the-Pooh and the Blustery Day. Tomorrow I plan to introduce my son to this little film. The time is just right.

Do enjoy your blustery day with your sweet little boy! We LOVE a good thunderstorm! Perfect for, as you said, jumping in puddles, currently - riding bikes around and around the driveway, eating lunch in front of a movie, and of course, wonderful forts and reading by flashlight! Happy rainy, windy, snowy, or whatever the weather may be, day to you!
That's too true! My Michigan grandma talks about the weather every time she calls, first item on the agenda.
Lousy Smarch weather!