Beauty in Color
>> Tuesday, December 14, 2010 –
beauty,
photography,
seasons,
winter
Not only is snow lovely in black and white, it is beautiful in full color, which really amounts to blue, gray-blue, browns, and white—one of my favorite color combinations (see: my living room).
All of these photos (and the ones from yesterday) were taken at Fenner Nature Center in Lansing, Michigan. I have to thank my friend Dave who, upon reading on Facebook that I was homebound and yearning to go take pictures at Fenner, generously offered to pick me up. Here he is taking some photos of his own.
We've agreed that the ultimate dream job would be a photojournalist for National Geographic, and we're currently scheming about getting our spouses to agree to a trip out to Yellowstone some winter so we can take pictures. His historic preservationist wife Valerie and my lover-of-all-things-big-city husband Zachary will have to find something to occupy their time. Not sure what those city-slickers will do out there, but I'm sure there are some buildings they could hunker down in while Dave and I stalk grizzlies and bison.











Just make sure I'm dumped in a historic lodge where I can drink tea and read books by a roaring fire to my hearts content. Zach can spend his time chasing the boy.
Actually, I think you've hit on something there. As long as Zach has Calvin, he can have fun anywhere. :)