Portraits of a Party
>> Friday, December 17, 2010 –
friends,
photography
Here's a bit of evidence from the little soiree last night of my attempts to get a little better at portraits. Thanks to Zach for taking a few pictures of me; since I'm always taking photos it seems I'm not in many.
![]() |
| The woman of honor - Kristin Kluck |
![]() |
| Kristin's husband Ted smoking Djarums with the boys in the garage. |
![]() |
| A photo taken by Zach and doctored in Photoshop by me. Hard to get good focus without a flash in mood lighting, so applying a couple effects can make the blurriness seem almost purposeful. |
![]() |
| Zach, unaware that he's modeling for me. I like that this altered photo reminds me a bit of the coloring of early 1960s ads. |
![]() |
| Ted & Zach - Budding Media Moguls |
![]() |
| Our new friend Brad, looking very much like a Greek sculpture in this portrait (at least to me). |
![]() |
| I have to tell you, I have never been involved in any occasion that included more toasting than this shindig. |
![]() |
| Strictly speaking, this is not a portrait. However, how could I not take a picture of Kristin's saucy stockings? |
A grand time was had by all as we ate Kristin's awesome food, laughed at the witty banter, and hung out with friends old and new. Oh, and I finally got a chance to wear this dress.








I love her stockings and shoes. Adorable.
Sounds like a grand time was had by all.