Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Jackpot!

A few months ago, one of my husband's many cousins told me that she had come across a number of vintage patterns in my size (incredibly) at an estate sale. She also had buttons and notions galore and wondered if I might want them. Yes! Need you ask? Today the package arrived, a deceptively small box (she must be a phenomenal packer) that was bursting with all the vintage goodies you see below.

Click on the picture to enlarge.

The patterns (dresses, aprons, a slip, a robe, and men's pajamas) range from the early 1930s to the late 1960s, with most falling in the 1950s. There are scads of buttons (sets, not individuals), zippers, seam binding, hem tape, piping, trims, hooks and eyes, and even a delicate (organza, perhaps?) collar that I would think is from the 1930s. Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled to paw through it all and my mind is reeling with ideas for next year's sewing.

Oh, and are you ready for this? Don't faint, now. Those patterns, all of them together, as a group, cost just $1.

Thank you, Deborah!!!

Liz  – (January 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM)  

Wow! That looks like a great package. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Mena  – (January 7, 2011 at 1:18 AM)  

That McCall pattern from 1930s alone is worth it! :) What an amazing find!!

Erin  – (January 7, 2011 at 8:59 AM)  

Oh, don't I know it! I will most certainly be making that one within the next year.

K2  – (January 10, 2011 at 8:55 PM)  

$1?.... ahhhh, thud. I want to go to estate sales where your hubbies cousin lives!

Post a Comment