Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1930s Dress, 1930s Frugality

Q: What do you get when you take $3 of thrift store fabric and add thread and a zipper from the stash, contrasting fabric from a de-stashing friend, and a vintage mail order pattern and buttons from a kind relative who stalks estate sales?

A: You get one of my favorite dresses yet!



This photo was taken in the kitchen, because I think
this dress looks just a bit like I should be wearing it while
waiting tables at The Whistlestop Cafe from Fried Green Tomatoes.

The pattern is Marian Martin 9327 and it is so simple. Super fast construction, super comfortable fit, super flattering length. I just love this dress!

Andrea –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:47 PM)  

Oh my, I love it Erin! Well done (once again)!

Jessness  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:31 PM)  

Love the constrasting fabric!

SusieQT  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM)  

I love it! Can you make one for me? :)

Unknown  – (March 16, 2011 at 10:12 AM)  

WOW!!! Oh, I Love this dress! You did a beautiful job with it and it looks lovely on you! I like the blue, the print, the buttons....and the picture is great!

Post a Comment