Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Poem on My Sister's Birthday

I don't know what it is about March, but I always feel a little poetic despite the dreary weather. On March 24, 1978, my older sister Alison was born into this world. I like to think her appearance, the firstborn child after a miscarriage, elicited the same sort of hopeful and joyful feeling I hope this little poem elicits.

Alison's Poem

Clear dawn over the snow-dusted lawn
Deep gray gives way to a subtle ray
Then bright and vibrant hues chase the night
Sweet pink, then yellow - orange - green, I think
So fades cold evening to the next day
So things of winter melt into spring

Happy birthday, Ali.

Wanting What I Have  – (March 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM)  

How sweet to read of the joy and hope the Lord no doubt brought upon your sister's arrival. Had our second been a girl, he very likely would have been named Hope for that very reason - he arrived after losing two in a row.

Happy Birthday Ali!!!

Αναστασία  – (March 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM)  

I love the poem, Erin!
What a beautiful tribute to your sister! :)

Post a Comment