Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thrift Store Success!

Ah, the thrill of a successful hunt. No, I'm not talking about deer season in Michigan (which started November 15th) but about hunting down hidden treasures amid shelves filled with junk I can't imagine anyone ever wanting.

I bring you my new punch bowl, complete with 12 little cups and S-hooks for hanging them and a bonus matching bowl (for ice perhaps?) all for (drum roll, please) $8.08.



Sure they were crusty and gross, but they cleaned up perfectly. There are no chips or cracks and I can check a punch bowl set off my "want someday" list. Next to the set are the mid-century milk and juice pitchers I found several months ago at the antique mall. And beneath them all is a pristine, just-needs-ironing table runner. All these pieces are scheduled to make an appearance at my Christmas Day brunch.

I also found a great vintage round tablecloth that is destined to become an apron and a shallow rectangular planter that I plan to fill with succulents and put on my desk.

I was due for a successful hunt.

Post a Comment