Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Year of Sewing

In 2009 I sewed just three dresses (here, here, and here) and a pair of pants (here). In 2010 I've sewn twelve dresses, two shirts, and one jacket for myself. Seven of these projects were from modern patterns and eight were from vintage patterns. Here's just about everything at a glance. (I can't find the photo of that first shirt, but you can look at it here.)


Oh, and I also made two dresses for my nieces. I'm sort of amazed. I have about a dozen more projects I'm thinking about and eager to sew, but I'll be taking a break from clothes sewing for the end of the year in order to focus on some other things in life. In 2011 I believe I'll reupholster the couch again, make roman shades for the dining room, finish that blasted bed quilt, and continue to build my homemade wardrobe. So stick with me if you're enjoying the posts on sewing. The fun just never ends.

Dianna  – (November 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM)  

I've really enjoyed seeing what you make. I hope that some time I'll get the time to learn to sew a bit better. You're an inspiration!

Clara  – (November 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM)  

Did you just learn to sew last year? You've done some really beautiful work! :) I enjoy your sewing posts! :)

Erin  – (November 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM)  

No, I've sewn a few other garments before I got into my sewing craze. I got my machine in 2001 and made a few things (two have since been cut up for quilting projects because they were pretty pitiful and one didn't fit from the get-go, though I did a great job on it, and I gave it to my mom). Mostly, though, before 2009 I used it almost exclusively for quilting.

Post a Comment