Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

You've Got to Want It

When you have a goal, you've got to want it. It's so easy to make goals and then forget about them. Frighteningly easy. I say I want to lose more weight so I can fit back into the clothes I'm storing in the attic. I say I want to eat healthier to avoid preventable illnesses later in life. I say I want to exercise (well, maybe not that I want to exercise so much as I want what results from exercise).

But what do I do about it?

I'm about 25-30 pounds away from my ideal weight (the weight I was when we moved here, before we got lazy about tracking what we were eating, before I gained 40 pounds during pregnancy). At my ideal weight my BMI will be well within the healthy range for my height. I'll fit into those awesome clothes. I'll look great and feel even better about myself.

I lost about 20-25 pounds this past spring while the contest with my husband was running, but I really did want to get to my ideal weight during 2010 (which I deemed my year of being selfish and focusing on myself and my family). Well, I have six weeks before Christmas (yep, it's coming on fast, folks). Six weeks is plenty of time to make a real difference if I work hard, don't cheat, and want it. I'm tracking what I eat. I'm tracking exercise. I'm tracking pounds and inches lost. I finally got new, supportive running shoes. I'm going to kick these last 25 pounds in the rear.

I want it.

And I want you to hold me to it.

Clara  – (November 8, 2010 at 12:25 AM)  

Good for you! My husband wants to lose weight but it's so easy to fall into the trap of enjoying food too much and spending time doing sedentary things rather than being active... I think one of the things too is if a person is carrying a bit of extra weight it makes you feel heavier and that makes it harder to get motivated - a slim body shape encourages a person to want to stay slim because if *feels* good being lighter... does that make sense? Even though I'm not overweight, I'm carrying more weight than I used to, and I find it harder to get going than I did when I was slender.

Post a Comment