Excuses, Excuses
I think it's pretty apparent by my spotty posting lately that things have gotten a bit busy around here. I'm plunging into my next catalog season at work, at that takes a lot of time, energy, brainpower, and typing, so doing more thinking/writing/staring at a computer screen is not necessarily high on my list of things I'd like to do at the end of the day.
In addition I'm trying to work on my Easter dress so I can get it done soon. The first two or three steps in the 1940s directions are actually made up of fairly obscure language that seems to indicate more like 15 steps to me, so I've been working very slowly so as not to make irreversible mistakes, plus I just haven't had the time lately. I mean, yesterday I managed to sew the back side of one bound buttonhole. Yeah. That's pretty pathetic. But I do think I've finally gotten (mostly) past the complicated and time-consuming steps and that things will go faster from here on out. Right?
I have other excuses too. There's nothing to photograph, and even if there was it's been so cloudy here lately that the natural light level is near nil. The garden is still pretty depressing and the sky is gray and the trees aren't flowering and blah blah blah. Anyway, I'm not deluded enough to think that many people are clambering to read this blog every day. Perhaps no one noticed that I haven't posted since Monday's poor offering.
If you are reading, stick with me. I think in the next few weeks I'll get my creative energies back and have something worth saying to you. If nothing else, at some point there will be a post with a finished Easter dress for you to ooh and ahh at. (You simply must ooh and ahh at it because it is taking forever and I need the validation.)
I always enjoy your posts and your photography! Looking forward to that Easter dress!
waiting : )