Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Calvin Quilts

This morning Calvin said, "Can we go in the sunroom and talk?" So we went in the sunroom and sat and chatted, me with my tea, him with his strawberry milk. We talked about his impending trip to stay with Grandma and Grandpa a few days. We talked about our church picnic at the park tonight. We talked about our vegetable garden. And then Calvin asked about the quilt on the frame. So I told him I was getting closer to having it finished (just four rows to go!) and that I would put it on Mommy and Daddy's bed and we would paint the walls a different color.

After that, we moved to the settee by the quilting rack and Calvin wanted to know how it worked. I showed him how I quilt with a needle and thread (a word which he inexplicably already knew) and a thimble, and I mentioned his baby quilt, which I also quilted by hand. He asked me if I would go get it so he could quilt it.

One plastic crochet needle and some yarn and he was "quilting" alongside me on his baby quilt.



I know he will regret this when he is sixteen. But you heard it here first. He asked me, not the other way around. At least he's wearing a shirt with a scorpion on it. That's not too girly. :)

Anonymous –   – (June 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM)  

TOO funny! Better keep a copy of this post for future evidence in your defense. Mom

Dianna  – (June 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM)  

If it makes you feel better, my son "knits" with two large quilting pins and yarn.

Clara  – (June 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM)  

Nothing girly about boys learning to sew! I know of a VERY talented man who quilts extremely well, and he is NOT the slightest bit girly. Who knows, maybe Calvin will be a tailor one day :)

Val  – (June 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM)  

Does this mean you don't need my help anymore? :)

Post a Comment