Things I Learned from My Dad
>> Saturday, June 18, 2011 –
family
My father has taught me many things. Here are just a few of them.
1. How to not be afraid of the ball.
2. How to properly wash a car, including the tires and hubcaps.
3. How to not be gullible (or, put "positively," how to be skeptical).
4. How to start a fire in a charcoal grill.
5. How to make your fingers into glasses (you know, with your elbows way up in the air).
6. How to properly plant impatiens and geraniums.
7. How to work hard to do something well.
8. How to lose gracefully.
9. How to win gracefully.
10. How to properly mow the lawn.
11. How to sing in tune (just kidding).
12. How to stay calm, cool, and collected.
13. How to raise an independent, confident child.
Thanks, Dad, for these and many other lessons throughout my life. And for the ones I'm sure are yet to come.
I loved this post. The photos are just wonderful!
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog today. Your kind words of encouragement mean the world to me. I look forward to sharing vintage with you for years to come!