Checking Up On My Goals
Way back when in December I set some goals for myself. Now that we're halfway through the year, I thought I should revisit those goals and see how I was doing.
1. Finish that quilt!
I am much, much closer to finishing my bed quilt. I have about 3 1/2 rows left and I am fairly sure I can finish by fall.
2. Draft an original dress pattern.
I haven't done this yet (mostly because I haven't reached goal number 3). However, I was just looking at some great websites that sell new clothes with a vintage feel (like Ruche and ModCloth) and I feel inspired. I'm also going to start wearing dark lipstick again (remember in the 1990s when everyone did?) more regularly.
| I've compiled a collection of dresses from ModCloth that I really like as inspiration. |
3. Lose 25 pounds.
I'm down ten pounds since I started the Dukan diet a little less than a month ago, and actually my goal for the year is now bigger than the 25 lbs. My goal has become to reach my ideal and most healthy weight of 155 lbs by the end of the year (which would mean the total would be 35 lbs, not 25). I cut some inches off my dress form today (which felt so wonderful) and I'm feeling fairly positive, though this diet is a little tedious when one has a family that doesn't want to be so restricted (which I totally understand). But looking at the long term, in January of 2010 I weighed 210 lbs, I'm now 180 lbs. This is most certainly a step in the right direction.
4. Do C25k.
I was doing great on this until I took a week off due to illness. I do need to start exercising again to make this weight loss happen a bit faster. Don't think my goal will continue to be a 5k, but if I could manage to run a mile each day, that would be fabulous. Easier said than done.
5. Create and tend my new kitchen garden.
This is DONE and it's awesome! I'm very happy with how things turned out and our vegetables are all growing. We need some serious heat around here for everything to get a kick in the pants (it's almost July and today it was only in the 60s). I've even harvested a little rhubarb for my strawberry rhubarb jam!
So I guess 1 out of 5 doesn't seem like a really great accomplishment, but that one was a lot of work and had to be tackled first if I wanted anything to harvest come fall. The rest have generally seen progress (except the original dress design). And, after all, I still have 6 more months left in 2011 to accomplish these goals.
Way to go! That is AWESOME! I am in awe of your quilting skills and I'm blown away by the fact that you're even considering making your own patter. WOW! And your weight loss...that is AMAZING!!! This week has been a struggle in the exercise department for me, too. Hang in there! It is hard, and SO worth it! (I keep telling myself that...holler if you get back to it - that would encourage me to keep on keeping on.) And rock on with the garden. I'd love to bottle up some of our heat and send it your way. We've got plenty to spare!
I really enjoyed this post, it is so good to remember those lists of things to do and celebrate when we achieve rather than plowing onto the next challenge. I find blog writting great for this. On my list is to have abetter look at your book blog which looks really interesting. I to have started a new blog myfamilymyway.blogspot.com. PPS that comperlation of dresses is just wonderful!!