Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Planting

I've been planting young vegetable plants and herbs here and there for the last few days, hoping to take advantage of the sun and the hot temperatures we're finally having. The danger of an evening frost is finally gone and even though we're getting a late start on the vegetable garden because its construction wasn't completed as early as I had hoped (stupid rain), I still have hopes for a good harvest and a summer of learning about caring for plants, having patience, working toward a goal, and God's provision.


Me gardening at age three.

Calvin and I put seeds in the ground today for beans, nasturtiums, carrots, pumpkins (because you can't grow pumpkin pie, much to Calvin's disappointment), salad greens and spinach (yes, I realize these are late). He helped me water the seeds and transplants with his snazzy new yellow watering can. At one point he said, "This is hard work!"

Calvin gardening at age three.

And now we eagerly await the first signs of life.

Andrea –   – (June 1, 2011 at 2:58 PM)  

Adorable photos of you and Calvin! Love your cute little outfit, too.

Post a Comment